10. Balance with nature: All things are equal and live in harmony with nature. Nature, also a body of beings, is the mother of human beings. It also has feelings:
(1) Conciseness: The bright and dark and the Yin and Yang of the universe.
(2) Justice: Everything is equal and “the fittest survive”, with no distinction.
(3) Order: The revolution and rotation of the earth, the changes of day and night, and the movement law of cold and hot.
(4) Contribution: Providing sunshine, air, soil, water, mountains, rivers and oceans. Earthquake, tsunami, sandstorm, mud-rock flow and volcano are its self-adjustments for existence, and for relieving the living difficulties for all things on earth as well.
(5) Protection: It creates the biological clock to enable the communication between magnetic waves and human bioelectricity so as to ensure the safety and health of human beings.
The natural law is the “resultant force” of all things on earth. Any other force will appear negligible before it. The natural law is a great law, and human beings only have small partial law. As a part, human beings should be subordinate to the entire natural society. We should respect, get to know and coordinate nature, create a harmonious environment and take the initiative to realize “correspondence between man and heaven”:
(1) Respect nature: Respect all things and treat them equally, and feel grateful for the selfless love of the mother nature.
(2) Get to know nature: Try to learn the natural law and get familiar with the natural developments.
(3) Comply with nature: Actively respect the natural law.
(4) Coordinate nature: Use nature to serve human beings. For instance, use water, wind, ocean wave and tide to generate electricity. Use the “premonitions” of animals to take preventive actions against natural disasters. Use natural herbal medicine to treat diseases.
(5) Create nature: Fully utilize the laws to create a new nature. For instance, develop new varieties of crops, flower, fruit and vegetable. The goal is to make new harmonies.
According to The Medical Classic of the Yellow Emperor, “….the Yin and Yang of the four seasons are the beginning and end of all things, and the root of death and life. If one is disobedient to this, disasters will ensue; if one is obedient to this, diseases will not arise. It is called attainment of the rules of health preservation.” If human beings have “got to know, adapted to and initiatively respected the natural law”, the generous nature will greatly “repay” human beings in return. As you sow, so will you reap. Otherwise, we will get “revenge”. For instance, environmental pollution has caused the sperm decrease of males. At present, we should re-think about science and technology and develop them in a proper way. Science and technology must not be worshipped as a religion. First of all, we should think about our own “greediness”.
Without the balance of nature, will human beings survive?
To make greater contributions to prosperity of the country, national rejuvenation, social harmony, and people’s happiness. – Hu Jintao