Method: the ways and procedures to solve thinking, speaking, acting and other problems. Methodology: the learning about the basic methods to get to know the world and coordinate the world.
The three steps to get to know the world: phenomenon—nature—cause of the nature—(relative and absolute)
The three steps to coordinate the world: respect—co-existence—being self-restraint and obedient to reason—(harmony and struggle)
The aim for the combination of getting to know the world and coordinating the world lies in self-improvement and subsistence guarantee.
I. Basic method: Be a good person before doing things. That is, to be an upright person first
before doing things; to have a just mind before being a person. Doing things is the “result”, and be a good person is the “cause”. The former is the “end” and “function”, the latter the “root” and “body”. This is what is called “seeking the cause from the result”, and the order of the root and the end, and the body and the function cannot be reversed.
“做人”的三个层次：The three layers of being a good person:
1. Be a qualified person (benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom and fidelity—mainly at home)
2、做与 “角色” 相配之人。（所在岗位要求——单位为主）
2. Be a person that matches one’s “role” (requirements of the job—mainly in the working place)
3. Be a person missed by all (Self-conquering, be a plain but great person—mainly in the society)
“做事”的三个层次：The three layers of doing things:
1. make clear the root and the end, the cause and the result;
2. arrange the order of the early or late;
3. seek progress by “heart” and be able to stand loneliness.
Surprising good luck won’t happen every day, and most of our days are normal and ordinary. A journey of a thousand miles starts from the first step. Great undertakings have small beginnings, and difficult tasks are tackled from where it’s easy. Those who conduct daily affairs well are truly great. The Great Balance Theory worship people of such.
Whether to be a good person or to do things, good faith should be the premise. A person without good faith may appear fine and smart, but suffer greatly at heart. His shortsighted eagerness for quick success and instant benefit not only do harm to himself and his children, but also affect his parents, teachers, colleagues, friends, families and fellow country men.
II. Conscience relaxation: a special method to get self-balance
Natural science has proved that interaction between external energy information and people’s conscience exists all the time, and such interaction will make the human body correspondingly excrete morphine—doing good things will generate “favorable morphine” to make people healthy, relaxed and prolong their life, while doing evil things will make people fret, fidget, unable to eat or sleep well, act and speak weirdly and do harm to their health.
According to the ethical principle that “people are born with conscience”, and the psychological self-suggestion and self-motivation, the following nursery rhyme about the “cause-result” relations may be used to help people make self-examination, self-accusation, self-correction and self-rescue as the rhyme will cause pressure of public opinion on them and the lines will be gradually rooted in their heart. Five years of experiment has shown that they are particularly effective in punishing those who have committed crimes that are difficult to be discovered, who have intentionally set traps to cheat others, and who have played dirty tricks.
Features of the conscience relaxation method: It relies on the “conscience being stung” to lead to “temporal punishment”. Others may not know what evil one has done, but the person himself is very clear. His conscience will make him fret, fidget, unable to eat or sleep well, dizzy, having many nightmares. All these are the results of the “toxic morphine” generated by his brain. But once he has corrected his evil acts, the symptoms will be relieved immediately.
The saying people are familiar with that “Evil is rewarded with evil, and good with good. If the reward in not forthcoming, it is because the time has not arrived” is the “external observation”—due punishment. Though it has certain effects by relying on the restrictions of “external” law and ethics, it takes too long and the cost is too high. Why not taking actions earlier with less loss? Why settling it up only after “the worst crime has been committed” and both the “beauty and possessions” are lost? Now, with the “internal examination”—temporary punishment of the “conscience relaxation method” as a supplement, the two may yield better results. It may be a makeshift measure to choose the greater of the two advantages and the lesser of the two evils, so it will be greatly appreciated if better suggestions are raised.
The nursery rhyme on the “cause-result relationship”: Justice has long arms, conscience tells the truth. Doing evil makes one feel guilty, doing good prolongs your life.
三、纵横创新法：成功 == 位置20% + 方向20% + 修为40% + 机遇20%
III. Vertical-horizontal creation: Success = Position 20% + Orientation 20% + Self-cultivation 40% + Opportunity 20%
四、12个具体环节：大平衡认为，人的一生有生理、心理、饮食、作息、居室、家庭、邻里、单位、社会、大自然、交往、准平衡 12 个平衡环节。搞好它们的基本思路是：
IV. 12 links: The Great Balance Theory holds that there are 12 balance links throughout the life of a person: physiology, psychology, diet, work and rest, housing, family, neighbor, working place, society, nature, communication, and para-balance. The basic train of thoughts regarding these links:
1. Respect one law. When dealing with things, the law that “things have the nature of seeking self-balance” should be first respected. Everything on earth wants to subsist, and should respect each other. It’s impossible that there is only day, men and powerful people on earth, and no night, women and weak people. Any party can wipe out the other and exist independently by itself, and co-existence with common prosperity is the fundamental rule.
2. Be provided with two premises: 1) psychological premise of love and loyalty, and 2) scientific premise of knowing oneself as well as the enemy.
3. Following three rules: 1) planning balance: setting a goal that is not too high or too low; 2) structural balance: creating corresponding conditions for the realization of the goal; and 3) coordinating balance: taking the para-balance as the bottom line and making adjustments and changes when the time is opportune.
The above three rules should be flexibly adopted.